Atracții turistice - - “Annunciation” Church

DSC_0259

In 1664, the great chancellor Nicolae Buhuş has a beautiful church erected on the left bank of the Trotuş River, with a tricone design, with a tower on the nave and with the bell tower on the western porch. The Răducanu Church is a representative monument for the late Moldavian Baroque. The porch, on which the bell tower was erected, is arched in monasterial arches with penetrations. A small room was build above the porch were the monks kept old books.+

The biggest of the two church bells, which was cast on Mount Athos, bears an inscription in Greek dating back to 10 November 1810. A tower with arched passage and massive oak gates, as well as a smaller tower and several more recent appurtenances are to be seen within the old monastery premises surrounded with a 5.20m thick wall with ramparts on three sides.

 

Patron: Annunciation
Worship: Orthodox
ADDRESS: str. Răducanu, nr. 6, Târgu Ocna

Visiting hours: The worship monuments may be visited at any time between 8 am and 8 pm.

Cordonate GPS:
Latitudine: 46° 16' 37" N
Longitudine: 26° 36' 44" E