Atracții turistice - - “Măgura Ocnei” Convent

DSC_0072

The Măgura Ocnei Convent – Măgura Ocnei Hermitage was first mentioned in 1665. It seems that around 1757 the hermitage becomes succursal monastery of the General Vestry of the House of the St. Spiridon Hospitals and only this explains why in the diptych of this hermitage Constantin Racoviţă Voivode is listed as first founder of the monastic site.

Throughout its long life, the hermitage had three churches erected consecutively. The first one, the patron of which was the Ascension of Our Lord, existed until about 1757, when, with the support of the ruler Constantin Racoviţă, a new sanctuary is built, the patron of which is St. George. The second edifice collapsed and a new church, the patron of which was the Annunciation, was erected in 1803 by the archimandrite Iacov. During the World War One, the hermitage was under bomb fire, but it could not be destroyed. It was repaired in 1923.

Worship: Orthodox, Nun Convent
Patron: Ascension of Our Lord
Address: Localitatea Tg. Ocna, județul Bacău, 605600,
Telephone: 0234.344.325

ACCESS: It is located on the Tg. Ocna-Slănic Moldova road, a few hundred meters after the bridge over the Trotuş River, right crossroads, about 3km to the convent on a concrete road through the forest.

Visiting hours: The worship monuments may be visited at any time between 8 am and 8 pm.

Cordonate GPS:
Latitudine: 46° 16' 15" N
Longitudine: 26° 35' 10" E