Atracții turistice - - Saint John Church

DSC_0328

The Saint John Church is located in Bacău Town, and it is thought to have been erected between 1802 and 1812, by loan Mocanu and the priest loan Moisa. The Saint John Church was built by the side of the cemetery existing at the time. It was the inhabitants’ wish to build it after the great earthquake of 1802, when the bed of the Bistriţa River moved towards the Siret River, leaving a big disaster behind, which also touched the “Precista” Church, which was the only church in Bacău at that time.

Its interior paintings belong to the byzantine style and they were done in two stages, 1922-1931 and 1969-1970. During the first two decades of the 19th century, when public schools did not exist, the priests of this church taught the bourgeois’ children how to write and to read.

 

Worship: Orthodox
Patron: Saint John the Baptist
Address: Strada Războieni, Bacău

Visiting hours: The worship monuments may be visited at any time between 8 am and 8 pm.

Cordonate GPS:
Latitudine: 46° 34' 2" N
Longitudine: 26° 54' 32" E