Destinații turistice - Moineşti municipality

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Moineşti municipality

The first documentary attestation of the city dates from the year 1467, The name of the city is mentioned in the work Descriptio Moldaviae , written by the scholar Dimitrie Cantemir. In 1832 it is attested as a borough. During this period, a very powerful Jewish community was formed here. It resisted until the instauration of communism. Among the Jewish people born in Moinești are Moșe David Iancovici, Mordechai Bernstein, Tristan Tzara and Moses Rosen, ex-chief-rabbi of the Mosaic Cult. In 1882, the first group of Zionist Jews that initiated the Roș Pina Jewish colony in Palestine emigrated from Moinești.

The city became highly developed in the period between the two World Wars.

At the entrance to the city, there is a monument in the memory of Tristan Tzara (100 years after his birth) and of the Dada movement he initiated. The “Dada” monument is meant to be a sign of Romanian appreciation for the Universal artist from Moinești and it was created by the German-Romanian sculptor Ingo Glass. The monument is situated on the Moinești-Bacău road (four constructions made of steel and concrete, painted brick red, dimentions: 25 m long, 2.6 m wide, 10 meters high, 120 tons weight).

Accommodation facilities

Moineşti municipality has 6 guest houses for tourists.

Access routes

Causeway

Moineşti municipality is crossed by the National Road 2G, which links the city of Bacău with the route Ciuc – Oneşti  (No. 12A).

Railway

The railway access into Moineşti can be managed indirectly, via Comăneşti railway Station. From there, minibuses depart frequently.




Atracții din această zonă: